That’s right, even if you don’t have young kids, we can still help!! We run private consultations for puppy and dog parents.
- Are you wanting to introduce a new dog or puppy into the home and don’t know where to start?
- Do you want to be proactive and learn how to give your puppy/dog a happier life?
- Are you struggling with those typical puppy problems? Toileting, sleeping, separation, loose lead walking?
- Do you have a dog with behavioural concerns that you would like help with?
At Cooper and Kids we aim to make dogs and their families happier, whilst bridging the gap of miscommunication between dogs and their humans!
We use kind, gentle, positive science-based training methods.
Cooper and Kids is here to support and prepare you at each phase of your journey.
Different Life Stages We Can Help With:
1. Before you get the dog
We do puppy preparation consultations to help you prepare before the puppy comes home but we can also help you before that step too, when you are just considering if a dog is right for you.
- We can help you when deciding if now is the right time for you and your family to be getting a dog/puppy.
- We can help you with breed selection so you get a dog that is best suited for you and your lifestyle.
- What you need to do before the puppy comes home.
2. Bringing New Puppy Home
Starting out right will help to set you and your new puppy up for a successful life together. We recommend selecting our 4 week puppy package if you have a new puppy, really just to get the most out of us!
What we cover in our puppy sessions:
- Learn how to care for a new puppy, how to meets its daily needs and ultimately have a beautiful understanding of the dog in front of you.
- Understanding your dogs body language.
- Master one totally achievable training skill every week
- Put your new skills to use in your home – where you need it most!
- Play training games that make learning FUN!
- Focus on giving your dog a happy and fulfilled life in your home
3. General help with your Puppy or Dog and Trouble Shooting Unwanted Behaviours
We can help you to learn how to care for a new puppy/ older dog, how to meets its daily needs and ultimately have a beautiful understanding of the dog in front of you.
- Want to learn how to raise a happy, well rounded dog who loves and trusts you?
- Trouble Shoot Unwanted Behaviours and Learn how to Understand your Dog/Puppy Better
- “Behavioural problems” often stem from not meeting our dogs daily requirements or something in the environment that is not helping them to get it right.
1. Private in-home Sessions: $180 per hour
All sessions run for 1.5 hours.
Additional travel fee may be charged depending on where you live.
2. Private Online Sessions: $150 per hour
All sessions run for 1.5 hours.
3. Four Pack of Session: $720
Includes one Lickimat for your dog to enjoy and a small training treat pouch.
We offer a 4 pack of sessions to help reduce costs for you and really help to get things right!
Session one is 1.5 hours and the next three will run for approximately 1 hour.
Over the 4 sessions together, you will learn how to:
1. Understand your dog and how to meet their needs
2. Understand dog body language and how they communicate
3. Prevent and help unwanted behaviours
4. Teach your dog basic skills if needed
5. Answering all your specific questions
During your sessions you will be provided with resources, handouts and a follow up summary from your session. This will also include a follow up 1-2 weeks after your session to make sure you are all on track with everything you have learnt.
To make a booking
Get in touch via the form below so together, you and Mel can work out what service/package will be best suited to help you, your dog and your family.