Are you wanting to introduce a new dog or puppy into the home, but you have kids and are wondering where to start with it all?
I know all too well that dog and child dynamics can be a source of frustration for parents. So let’s start out on a positive note. Families need specialized training tailor-made just for them.
I can help you with breed selection so you get a dog that is best suited for your kids and your lifestyle. If you have already selected the perfect puppy/dog for your family, I now offer the Family Dog Private Training program which is customized to get EVERYONE involved. You’ll get all the tools and support you need to get your kids on board, your dog in check and the whole family playing for the same team! It’s fun, effective and 100% positive!
Mel can provide:
1. Assistance with deciding if now is the right time for you and your family to be getting a dog/puppy
2. Assistance selecting the right dog for your family
3. What you need to do before the puppy comes home
4. 6 in-home personal training sessions
- Master ONE totally achievable training skill every week
- Put your new skills to use in YOUR home – where you need it most!
- Involve your WHOLE family in the training – YES! Kids too.
- Play training games that make learning FUN!
5. An Online Family Video Program – Peace Love Kids and Dogs
- The parents’ program has all the most important skills for raising kids and a dog together
- The kids’ program is a “Special Agent Center” where they’ll have so much fun they won’t even know they’re learning!
- AND there’s even “in a nutshell” videos to help keep grandparents and nannies on the same page.
6. Troubleshooting unwanted behaviours
Private in-home or Remote session
- $120 per hour for in-home or $100 per hour for Phone/Zoom Consultation.
- $595 if you go with the 6 week in-home personal training, which also includes the online family video program thrown in for FREE!
During your sessions you will be provided with resources, handouts and if needed a follow up summary from your session. This will also include a follow up phone call 1-2 weeks after your session to make sure you are all on track with everything you have learnt.
To make a booking
Get in touch via the form below so together, you and Mel can work out what service/package will be best suited to help you, your dog and your family.